Meags' Books

Thoughts on the books I've read.

The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood After I finish a Margaret Atwood novel I'm both horrified and wanting more. I really wish I could know what came of Offred, if she managed to locate her family, if she was recaptured. I guess the not knowing is what makes the book stick in your mind. I definitely had no idea it was based near Harvard until I read the Wikipedia article, but it makes sense. It's a very frightening dystopia that is scary because it seems almost plausible. The scariest part for me in the book was when they took her daughter. As a mother of a small child, that seems the worst out of all the horrible things. The "speech" at the end cleared some things up, but so many questions were left unanswered! I guess that is typical for Atwood. I definitely recommend this book, it will chill you and make you thankful that we do not live in Gilead... yet.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
Regina Leeds
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Timothy Ferriss