Meags' Books

Thoughts on the books I've read.

The Happiest Toddler on the Block: The New Way to Stop the Daily Battle of Wills and Raise a Secure and Well-Behaved One- to Four-Year-Old - Harvey Karp, Paula Spencer Like many of the other reviewers, I found Dr Karp's first book helpful but this one? Not so much. But for different reasons. I have a "high need" child, as I've mentioned, and while he does devote a little space to different toddler temperaments, unfortunately his advice just won't work for my kid. I've tried it (not a ton, because I felt really foolish doing the cave man Toddlerese), but when my kid gets worked up in a tizzy it's really really hard to calm her. I need more strategies to avoid the tizzy rather than dealing with it once it's here. So I will continue trying to find other tricks that will work.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
Regina Leeds
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Timothy Ferriss