Meags' Books

Thoughts on the books I've read.

Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way - Mayim Bialik, Jay Gordon I enjoyed this book but feel compelled to say that a lot of it leans more toward something I'd describe as "natural" parenting rather than attachment parenting. Stuff like EC and holistic medicine is "out there" for most people. The chapter I was most interested on reading was her nighttime parenting chapter and I was a little disappointed with how vague it is. Yeah, you share a bed, but how does one get away from the sleeping kid? Apparently they don't. It's definitely not an "advice" type of book, more like a biography that is mostly focused on parenting small children. It's written in a very casual, conversational way that's easy to read.Take away: read if you are super curious about crunchy moms. Don't bother if you are a crunchy mom looking for advice on issues that come up with attachment style parenting.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
Regina Leeds
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Timothy Ferriss