Meags' Books

Thoughts on the books I've read.

The Fussy Baby Book: Parenting Your High-Need Child From Birth to Age Five - 'William Sears',  'Martha Sears' This book was quasi-helpful. Mostly it helped because I knew I wasn't alone. But most of the advice was basically "don't sweat the small stuff" and "this too shall pass". Not super useful when you are dealing with the thousandth meltdown of the day. A lot of the information was stuff I was already doing or had read about online. At the time I was more concerned about the chapter on "nighttime parenting", but as with Mayim Bialik's book, I found it wanting. I guess the only helpful part was that other people had gone through it and survived, and also that the traits that are so frustrating now are fantastic in older children and adults. If you need more than comfort from exhaustion from dealing with an intense baby/toddler, look elsewhere.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
Regina Leeds
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Timothy Ferriss